This is part one of a two part article - look for the next article "Is it dancing...or is it juggling?" coming up next week.
Hello all - when the team at Class Act Dance sat down to set goals and draw up plans for the 2011 Fall season, one of them was to improve two way communications between parents, students and the staff. We've made a number of changes that we think have helped, and which are outlined below. Because communication is a two way street, we welcome your feedback!
Here's a list of some of the things we've done so far:
1) New email addresses
- easy to remember - we've given our office and Director staff classactdance.com domain addresses, and created a couple to ensure rapid accurate response. Here's a list:
You can also reach us directly:
- we're working on ways to leverage on-line calendars to create both generic and specific calendars to keep everybody informed. With so much happening at Class Act Dance constantly, we believe this will be a big help to all. Our general calendar is currently on our website, readily available. Specific calendars - such as those for rehearsal schedules - will be directed towards staff and performers as needed. As before, these will always be available at our offices as well as posted on-line to view and download.
3) Online enrollment
- you can now create an account, register your family and students, enroll in classes, and make payments online. We also still completely support in-person enrollment. Read more here
- the site has been revamped and is our primary location for information. Find general info about the studio, instructors and news. Check for auditions, production information, class schedules and the all-important calendar. You'll be seeing many more photos of our dancers and performances coming up.
- you can "like" us on Facebook
and get notifications about upcoming events and announcements. Those same announcements are posted on our website as well. And - you can always provide feedback directly on the Facebook page.
- we've added this blog, which not only provides a great way to read up on our latest thoughts and activities, but allows readers to comment back to us with your views! Take advantage!
- we've simplified the phone system, while keeping our number the same - 805.239.3668
To summarize - we are committed to helping our families, students and staff participate in the Class Act Dance community. Please use these tools should you have questions, need information, or have constructive comments that will benefit us all.
Thanks very much!
The Staff at Class Act Dance and Performing Arts Studio